FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT SCREEN
and corrective exercise programs
What is the Functional Movement Screen?
The Functional Movement Screen (FMS) is a short series of seven tests that evaluates the quality of an individual's fundamental movement patterns. These basic patterns are the foundation for movement and performance in any physical activity. Weaknesses, restrictions, imbalances, and asymmetries in a person's movement can lead to injuries and impair performance in sports, fitness training, and daily activities. The Functional Movement Screen identifies these weaknesses and asymmetries and provides corrective exercise programs that safely and progressively remove restrictions and restore proper movement and function.
What are the benefits of the Functional Movement Screen and corrective exercise programs?
- Better performance in any physical activity
- Improvements in joint mobility and core stability
- Reduced risk of injury in any physical activity
- Improved balance, proprioception, and body awareness
- Feel better in your body!
Who uses the Functional Movement Screen?
- Professional sports teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, etc.
- U.S. Military Special Operations forces
- Physical therapists, athletic trainers, and rehabilitation experts
- FIrefighters, police departments, and others whose lives depend on their physical performance
Who needs Functional Movement Screening?
Everyone who moves! And the more you move, the more you need it. Athletes of any age and level, serious and recreational exercisers, sports teams, or anyone who wants to feel better in their body, improve the quality of their movement, and reduce their risk of injury can benefit from screening.
To find out more or schedule a screening, e-mail Steve.